This study is evaluating several treatments for fatigue in Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Many individuals with MS suffer from fatigue, which is often their most disabling symptom. The goal of this study is to help providers understand which individuals with MS may benefit most from use of available fatigue treatments.
What do I have to do?
– If you have MS and chronic fatigue that is problematic for you, you may be eligible to participate in this clinical trial.
– The trial will compare the effects of 3 treatment strategies for fatigue in MS:
o 1) Modafinil (a commonly used fatigue medication)
o 2) Telephone-delivered cognitive behavioral therapy
o 3) A combination of both treatments
– Each participant will receive one of these 3 treatments at no cost, for a total of 12 weeks
– Throughout the trial, participants will be asked to complete several short surveys (online or in-person) to assess their fatigue, sleep, and other symptoms.
– Both before and at the end of treatment, participants will wear a wrist-worn activity monitor, the PRO-Diary, for 7 days to measure symptoms, as well as sleep and physical activity.
You may receive up to $300 for full study completion.
Who is eligible (eligibility criteria)?
– Must be at least 18 years old.
– Must have documentation of neurologist-diagnosed MS.
– Must have bothersome fatigue
COMBO-MS Study Staff:
Phone: (734) 936-2844
Study ID: HUM00143320 IRB: IRBMED Date Approved: 06/13/2019 Expiration Date: 6/5/2020